Friday, May 11, 2012

New Page: Baltimore Oriole Project 2012

Baltimore Oriole, male, Charles River Peninsula, Needham, MA
If you look to the right you will notice a new "page" about Baltimore Orioles. I've been systematically recording Baltimore orioles at the Charles River Peninsula this spring and that page is a way to report what I've found.
Baltimore Oriole, female, Charles River Peninsula, Needham, MA
I am particularly interested in Baltimore oriole song, both male and female, though I've found it's necessary to do some visual work to identify who is singing what.
As nests become visible it should be easier to keep track of who is claiming which territory.
 I will try to update the page regularly (if I don't I'm likely to drown in unprocessed recordings). I will also incorporate recording done more casually in previous years.

No comments: