Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Again Jodrey Pier

Red-Breasted Mergansers, Jodrey Pier, Gloucester, MA
It's that time of year again. Time for meetings drawing me up to the North Shore but giving me enough time for a short jaunt up to Cape Ann. I did this last year around the same time; this year it was raining and there was no thick-billed murre (though someone had seen one--and a dovekie-- around recently). But there were gulls aplenty.
Find the Glaucous Gull
I was actually trying for an Iceland Gull, which are apparently rather common in these parts this time of year. But instead, like last year, my only white-wing was a very obliging Glaucous.
Glaucous Gull, Jodrey Pier, Gloucester, MA
It was bathing fairly close to the pier. Then it took off, affording even closer looks in flight.
Glaucous Gull coming right at ya!
Glaucous Gull, Jodrey Pier, Gloucester, MA
Also on the scene, a couple of gray seals, about to go into stealth mode as they approach the docks.

Gray Seals, Jodrey Pier, Gloucester, MA
I've got another meeting tomorrow. Perhaps another Cape Ann trip!

No comments: