Tuesday, July 22, 2008

More life at Cutler


It was very overcast this morning, so I put the camera away and walked to an excellent observation spot at Cutler. (Start at lower Cutler and walk north. Then instead of taking the tunnel under the train tracks, keep walking along the tracks toward the river. I can't guarantee anything very exotic, but low overhangs create natural blinds and the birds will come right up close.) Today as I squatted and watched, a yellowthroat family and the rose-breasted grosbeaks from yesterday (this time the dad was there too) came by. Then I looked up and noticed a couple of cedar waxwings pulling fibers from the branches right above my head.

Out in the marsh, a young male whitetail lazily moved toward the river (I did pull out my camera for that one). And large family of mockingbirds (the brown thrasher was hanging with them).

No comments: