Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Home Depot Herons and Osamequin Egrets

Great Blue Heron, Home Depot Heronry, Seekonk, MA

The heron rookery behind the Seekonk Home Depot seems larger and more crowded than last year. Below is just a section (the section least blocked from photo view by tree branches).
What a great opportunity to view herons in a domestic context--a little romance here, a lot of squabbling there, and at least one heron intent on a some nest branch theft.


After my morning heron visit I felt obligated to see if I could search up some egrets, so I stopped at the Osamequin Bird Sanctuary. Here's a great egret with a famous local landmark reflected in the water.
While I was taking a photo of the egret above another just happened to fly into the frame, creating this odd Crossley-style composition.





No comments: