Sunday, August 22, 2010

Lower Cutler Park with new camera


Plastic chair, Charles River, Needham/West Roxbury line

Reports of a rare Baird's sandpiper sent me on a Sunday morning walk along the train tracks at Cutler Park. The train doesn't run on Sundays so I was able to use the trestle as a vantage point to look over the mudflats between Cutler and Millennium Park.


I don't know why I bother. Anyone want to play the "one of these things is not like the other" game? I'm seeing leasts (little ones) and semi-palmateds (larger ones).


In camera news, lots of blurry yellowthroats, but I did manage a better-than-normal up-the-tree view of a Baltimore Oriole (who had a brilliant flight song).


And, most happily, the camera was able to focus on a tiny, distant, low-light, crescent butterfly.


Bird notes: blue-gray gnatcatcher (my first on the property), brown thrasher.

No comments: