Saturday, April 18, 2009

Dawn Chorus: Chestnut Hill Reservoir Edition




This morning I decided to head down to warblerton (AKA Chestnut Hill Reservoir) to catch some glimpses of yellow. I was not disappointed. (A flock of birders was assembled in the grove by the ice rink looking upwards, in hopes of a recently spotted Townsend's warbler. I think they were disappointed, at least during the hour or so I was in the area... They found it). But I was happy to soak up the assembled pines, palms, and yellow-rumps.


And a bunch of singing ruby-crowned kinglets.

The reservoir's other treasure is a group of ruddy ducks that can be found pretty close to shore.



Two other recordings of note from earlier in the week. The first, some evening trilling frogs (I need a guide to frog songs--these aren't peepers but I don't know enough to ID them). And second, some bluebird. They are all over the CRP this spring, much better established (as far as I can tell) than last year.

No comments: