Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Chase Woodlands and Peters Reservation


Peters Reservation, originally uploaded by oehlkers.

If you are seeking isolation and the chance to see active wildlife, I recommend the paired Trustees of Reservations properties, Chase Woodlands and Peters Reservation in Dover. The trails are not that well marked and large chunks of the Chase property are closed for "restoration" but bird-life (spotted yet another Eastern Phoebe), frog-life, and snake-life (pictured) abounds. I scared a deer on my way out, its white tail flashing. And I found a deer tick crawling up my leg.
I also heard something delightful on my walk (recorded here, though you have to listen hard through the wind noise). A pair of chickadees fee-beeing, starting on different notes (as far as I can tell, A-G, C-Bflat)

No comments: