Sunday, April 20, 2008

Charles River Peninsula


I'm making it a Sunday habit to wander through the meadows of Charles River Peninsula. It has really turned green over the past week and the bugs are out (I'm dreading the mosquito season--the ticks are bad enough). Scared yet another wood duck. Spent some time listening to the Red-winged Blackbirds pinging to each other. And hung out for a little while with a Yellow-rumped Warbler. (Here's its song--taking turns with a cardinal).

People in the Boston area often complain about our nonexistent springs. We usually rush straight from winter to summer. I must say, though, that we are having a real spring this year, with some of the most gorgeous days I can remember. [And thanks to my Mom for guiding me to the home of her local Red-Bellied Woodpecker yesterday.]

No comments: