Saturday, April 5, 2008

Charles River Peninsula


Charles River Peninsula, originally uploaded by oehlkers.

I'm being drawn back again and again to the Charles River Peninsula. It's a little more populated now--a father and son fishing, a group of guilty-looking teens. Maybe it's the prospect of hearing bobolinks later in the spring. Tonight I spotted a pair of skittish bluebirds. I brought my hand-held recorder to capture some of the ambiance. Here's a 3 minute long taste. You'll have to crank it, and the airplane/road sounds are loud, but I think it is a nice (if slightly subdued) sample of the usual grackle/redwing/blue jay (and in this case a scolding squirrel) cacophony that reigns down there. The song and white throated sparrows were out but I didn't hear them singing.

No comments: