Friday, September 23, 2011

Fall warblers, plus more insects on my clothing!

Common yellow-throat, Charles River Peninsula, Needham, MA
'Tis the season for migrating fall warblers, and I'm happy to say they are beginning to show up at Charles River Peninsula. Nothing too exotic--mostly redstarts, pine warblers, yellow-throats--but I am always thrilled when the palm warblers arrive (they've been around for about a week).
Palm warbler, Charles River Peninsula, Needham, MA
While I was waiting for the palm warbler to come out into the open I let a firefly land on my arm. (At least I think it's a firefly--it's not entirely clear).
Firefly on my sleeve, Charles River Peninsula, Needham, MA
This Virginia Ctenucha wouldn't land on me, though it did stay still for a macro shot.

Virginia Ctenucha, Charles River Peninsula, Needham, MA
And a September post wouldn't be complete without a gratuitous bluebird photo.
Eastern Bluebird, Charles River Peninsula, Needham, MA

No comments: