Tuesday, December 9, 2008

The complete awesomeness of the hooded merganser


I don't get how other people fail to stop and gaze in awe when the hooded mergansers swim by.

Don't they see the awesomeness of the hood (going up, going down just like a sail on a boat)?

I'm not always sure who is more awesome, the tuxedo guy

or the punk-rock girl.

All I know is that they are both awesome

and even more awesome when they are in a big group and don't fly away as soon as they see you.

Go go hooded merganser!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Peter, those are some great pictures. Where did you find them? I occasionally see a few on the Charles by JFK and North Harvard, but never so many at once.

Peter Oehlkers said...

Hi Dave, these were at the border of Salem and Marblehead, where the Forest River enters the Salem Harbor. I've seen individuals there before (and buffleheads, just to confuse matters) but never such a large group.