Saturday, November 8, 2008

Early November at Cutler


Overcast, drizzly day, but my walk started off swell: super cool black squirrel.

Take a peek at its sweet smile.

Field note 1: Twittery invasion. Goldfinches everywhere.
Field note 2: And Purple Finches. First time I've seen them in years. (The feeders around here are dominated by the House variety).

Field note 3: Tree sparrows! (Please indulge my newbie enthusiasm. Remember, I hadn't really noticed chipping sparrows until this year).


Field note 4: The song sparrows are singing a lot, though some of them sound like they're singing with their mouths full... [Here's some counter-singing]

Field note 5: The chickadees and the titmouse (and even a downy) are in the marsh among the cat-tails.
Field note 6: Little frogs in the trail puddles. I think something's messed up.

No comments: