Friday, October 24, 2008

Little birds at the Charles River Peninsula


Recently I haven't needed to leave the parking lot of the CRP to see some nice bird action. (Good thing too, because I haven't had much time to go meadow walking). The pine and yellow-rumped warblers can always be found in the late afternoon hanging around the willow trees near the river.

And today they were joined by kinglets. I got the cutest photo ever of an upside-down branch-hanging golden-crowned kinglet. Here it is below!

!
!
My only consolation: nice close-ups of its ruby-crowned pal. It was perching so close to me today I could barely find it in my viewfinder.

[UPDATE]
The kinglets were back again this morning. And I got another great picture of the golden-crowned...
OK, still got work to do... Meanwhile, the ruby-crown has been more than happy to pose.

No comments: